May 12, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm | $0.00
If you are considering taking out a thirsty lawn or drought-proofing your yard with new, water-wise plants, this workshop is for you! Participants will gain the practical hands-on experience they’ll need to tackle their own Monterey-Bay Friendly Landscape retrofit project at home. Learn how to:
- Easily transform turf grass and weedy areas into new planting zones with sheet mulching;
- Convert your existing sprinkler system to efficient, drip-irrigation;
- Select low-water use plants for your unique site;
- Create permeable patios and pathways with low-cost materials
- Integrate rainwater harvesting into your landscape plans
PLUS: All workshop participants will receive FREE landscape design templates with plant lists and a FREE water-wise plant to get your project jump-started!
This workshop will double as a community service project as we convert a small section of turf at the entrance of Soquel High School into a Monterey Bay Friendly Landscape that will provide a lasting demonstration garden for the community. Come join us for a fun day of learning and conserving our precious water resources! Pre-registration is recommended but not required.
Workshop led by Ecology Action and sponsored by the Soquel High School Agriculture Program and the Santa Cruz County Water Conservation Coalition
May 12, 2018
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Soquel High School
401 Soquel San Jose Rd